Leadership is not a position in an organization chart or a title on a business card. It’s a way of thinking, behaving, and communicating that enables a group of people to perform as a truly effective team. The fastest and easiest way to contribute as a leader is to prevent the most widespread causes of failure, which include lack of trusting relationships, unclear goals, unclear communication, and unclear priorities.
All around the World there are intelligent, well-educated, experienced professionals who are failing for these totally predictable and avoidable causes of failure. Primarily this is a result of:
- Fear of Failure.
- Aversion to Planning.
- Learned Helplessness.
- Assuming that their goals are “impossible”.
Whose job is it to assure that a team has clear goals, clear communication, and clear priorities? The leader’s, of course! Commit to A.C.T. like a leader, regardless of position or title, through your Actions, Communication and Thinking. Come with curiosity and leave with:
- a commitment to a change in your mindset, communication and behavior.
- a determination NOT to wait ‘til you’re the president to lead.
- a conviction that – without action – “knowing how” is not enough to change results.
You will leave this workshop able “lead from any chair” with practical approaches proven effective for individual contributors through senior executives.
- Learn the top causes for failure in teams globally and how to overcome them.
- Experience the difference between leadership and management.
- Practice leading through A.C.T. – Actions, Communication and Thinking, without regard to position or title.
- Apply your learnings and insights to your daily work.